At Amazon, we are excited to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into big post-military careers with limitless possibilities. We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
Visit www.amazon.com/about to:
· Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
This posted job is for transitioning military service members, veterans, and military spouses.
Amazon is seeking Financial Analysts to support the US Hardlines business within the Consumer Electronics group. This exciting opportunity will leverage an individual's financial leadership abilities to drive decision making in support of a fast growing retail business.
The successful candidate will work closely with the senior leadership team to provide strategic guidance and decision support in this rapidly evolving space.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Controllership of the businesses
* Leading ad hoc financial analyses and new business development deals
* Leading and participating as the key finance stakeholder on cross functional teams
* Managing the reporting on weekly financial and operational performance metrics
* Long and short term financial planning
* Driving cross-business analytic projects for senior management, with financial modeling, data mining and presentation support