Amazon Kinesis is powering many of the real-time technologies you use and see today. And we do this at a colossal scale; worldwide Kinesis works with billions of events and petabytes of data each day in support of many thousands of customers running mission-critical real-time applications. Customers like Major League Baseball (MLBAM)
are using Kinesis to ingest game data, analyze it, and deliver the insights to viewers as they happen. Similarly, Sonos is using Kinesis
to collect and analyze real-time data from millions of devices to provide better experiences to their customers. They choose Kinesis because the fully managed service makes real-time data ingestion, processing, and delivery easy, all at a low cost. As a result of these benefits customers of every size are moving quickly from batch to real-time processing. At the same time, Kinesis continues to push the technical boundaries of real-time processing and we are growing our team to support these game changing innovations. As a member of our team you'll get to work on a variety of technologies, including but not limited to new customer facing features, APIs, Open-Source technologies, and core distributed systems.
We are starting to envision v2 of the Kinesis Streams service and we are seeking a Software Development Manager to innovate and lead the design of these new capabilities. If working on cutting-edge technologies and building for infinite scale is for you, it’s time to apply!
In this position, you'll do these things:
- Define and manage the Kinesis Streams roadmap in consultation with our product managers
- Create, enhance, and run a ground-breaking service
- Be the technical visionary, customer advocate, service operator, and engineering delivery driver for the existing Amazon Kinesis Streams experience
- Lead and grow a team of accomplished engineers
- Collaborate with and learn from world leaders in distributed systems development and operation