Amazon Canada Hardlines team is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial Brand Manager to join our Vendor Management team. You will work directly with a strategic vendor partner to develop their business, acting as a liaison between various programs and executing a joint business plan.
We expect the Brand Manager to be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, extreme attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multitask. The Brand Manager must be an effective negotiator, leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail, a high level of flexibility, commitment, and ownership.
The Brand Manager position offers an exciting introduction to our on-line retail business and a broad training ground for future success. This role will work directly with strategic vendors and the entire portfolio of their brands to grow their business and achieve qualitative and quantitative goals while working with multiple internal teams and management. The Brand Manager will develop skills and work across all three functional areas (Vendor Management, In Stock, Site Merchandising and Marketing) to grow and improve the vendor's success at Amazon. We are seeking someone with demonstrated history of successful project ownership, comfort using data to troubleshoot and prioritize strategic business opportunities, passion for building programs from scratch and creating new customer experiences that impact millions of Canadian customers.
- Identify customer needs through analyzing metrics and providing overviews of industry landscape
- Create plans to address competitive gaps
- Strategize and execute upon improving the customer experience
- Procure and manage selection
- Expand current vendor selection and secure new brands
- Drive negotiation and manage payment terms and cost structure in contractual agreements
- Establish and maintain relationships with key vendors focused on creating value and growth for vendors and Amazon
- Improve the supply chain, reducing defects, and driving efficiencies
- Drive vendor participation in Amazon programs
- Make decisions regarding pricing, selection, and convenience
- Own Retail P&L for vendor; develop plans that drive revenue and margin improvements
- Audit all elements of the business (e.g., inputs, outputs, site experience, team performance) performs deep dive analysis on problems to understand root causes, and makes decisions based on data
- Act as an escalation point to respond to customer needs
- Owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on vendor, along with responsibility for driving strategic projects and promotions to achieve business objectives
Automation & Process Improvements
- Identify opportunities to improve Retail tools and systems
- Drive scalable solutions
- Manage products from launch to end of live with the goal of automating manual tasks
- Partner with Technical teams to drive process improvement