We are seeking an energetic Data Center Facility Manager to serve as a technical resource and leader within Amazon IAD data centers. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. The Data Center Facility Manager is responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment within the data center. The Data Center Facility Manager will assist in maintaining a high reliability and performance while keeping operating costs in facilities at a minimum. This equipment supports mission-critical servers and must maintain better than 99.999% uptime.
This role acts as Amazon’s front line when it comes to hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting. They will maintain, operate, and troubleshoot mission-critical data center facility equipment including electrical support equipment such as stand-by diesel generators and related fuel systems, 3 phase electrical systems that include but not limited to switchgear, UPS units, PDUs, and wet cell batteries and associated systems. Mechanical equipment includes CRAC units, centrifugal chillers, cooling towers/water chemical system, air handlers and associated systems, pumps, and motors. Additional support equipment is included in the scope of the role which includes fire suppression systems, building automation systems, and general facilities equipment.
- Oversee all aspects of the data center's critical physical infrastructure. Ensure that all work performed within the space is done to high quality and without impact to internal/external customers
- Manage teams of 24x7 engineering technicians in all facets of their career
- Engage in improvement projects, often requiring reaching out to a variety of support teams, and drive them from conception to completion
- Coordinates daily with a multitude of third party vendors ensuring adherence to contracted SLAs
- Effectively and efficiently manage the operations budget and expenditures
- Routinely operate as the afterhours on-call Data Center Facility Manager for the data centers in the region. This will include responding to any issues within the data centers and managing the investigation, mitigation, and recovery of the issue(s)