At Amazon, we are excited to offer veterans the opportunity to launch into big post-military careers
with limitless possibilities. We know that transitioning from the Armed Forces can be a stressful and sometimes daunting task. Studies show that veterans leave their first post-transition jobs at higher rates than their civilian counterparts. As such, searching for that post-transition role is as much about finding a company where you can picture yourself being successful as it is about finding the right role. As we get to know you more, we invite you to get to know us better.
· Learn more about our businesses through Press Releases on our Investor Relations site, through Jeff’s 2015 Shareholder Letter, and the first letter shared in 1997, which is included in our annual report each year.
· Learn more about Amazonians and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
· Learn more about our commitment to our communities, diversity and military veterans.
· Learn more about our headquarters in Seattle as well as global opportunities
This posted job is for transitioning military service members, veterans, and military spouses.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an exceptionally talented, customer service obsessed, resourceful and self-motivated Executive Assistant. Bring your enthusiasm and can-do attitude to this exciting, rapidly-growing organization at Amazon!
This role demands a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently on assignments with sound judgment. The right candidate will have a strong sense of ownership and bias for action, be customer service-oriented, and have the ability to meet tight deadlines. Having great organization skills and the ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice will help ensure success. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is imperative.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Management of complex calendar and scheduling requirements.
· Tracking and helping drive completion of key deliverables and follow up on outstanding items.
· Schedule cost effective air/hotel/ground transportation.
· Create detailed travel itineraries (including smooth transitions between time zones).
· Complete and file expense reports; utilizing both domestic and international currencies.
· Drive team activities (including staff meeting agendas and notes, org-wide meetings, social outings, supply ordering, and other key logistics).
· Identify and coordinate most productive and cost effective method for meetings including in person, on-site, off-site, audio conferences (international, stateside and local) and video conferences.
· Close collaboration with departmental EA peers.
· Responsible for all space planning activities within the organization.
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
· Project/program management: Support annual operational planning process, business planning, performance review cycles
· Serve as a business partner ensuring strategic, proactive and thoughtful support of the business cycle