Members of Amazon Web Service’s Threat Intel Group are the forward operators and observers for AWS Security. They quickly and discretely deploy capabilities or personnel to clearly identify, expertly assess, reliably report, and actively thwart emergent and current threats to our customers, our infrastructure, or our business.
The successful candidate will be required to analyze malware to generate actionable intelligence and insight into current threats. A deep understanding of and appreciation for operating systems internals, particularly Linux, will be an asset. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of network security and incident response.
Key responsibilities include:
· Perform deep dive analysis of malicious artifacts
· Analyze large and unstructured data sets to identify trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activities
· Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and broad scale.
· Provide situational awareness on the current threat landscape and the techniques, tactics and procedures associated with specific threats.
· Pursue actionable intelligence on current threats as they relate to AWS
· Periodic on-call responsibilities