Amazon Alexa is changing the way people interact with machines. Alexa is acquiring new skills daily with the help of a vibrant 3P developer ecosystem. Do you want to join the team that delivers the best in class Alexa skills to Amazon’s customers worldwide? Do you want to build a team that is equally obsessed over customers and skill builders/content creators? Then the Alexa Catalog Operations Product and Systems (COPS) team is where you want to be.
We are looking for a senior and experienced leader to lead certification operations for Alexa skills from our top 3P content developers. Key responsibilities include developing skills certification strategy for processing, publishing, and maintaining the skills catalog for Amazon’s customers worldwide.
The Global Alexa COPS team leverages Amazon’s experience in retail, technology, digital content, and mobile services to build a world-class experience for Amazon Alexa enabled devices such as the Echo, Dot, Fire TV, Fire Tablets and other Alexa Voice Services (AVS) Devices. Devices are becoming increasingly sophisticated and pervasive, and they are enabling customers to access content, applications, and services anywhere.
As the Senior Manager for Skills Certification Operations, based in Seattle, you will lead and define a) the certification strategy for skills from our top developers b) organizational structure to setup for success and c) processes, and systems required to manage our skills catalog operations. You will own working with stakeholder teams – tech, products, marketing, business development, Legal and solution architects – to raise the quality bar of skills while maximizing selection in our Skill Store. You will recruit and manage the team required to implement the strategy and processes. Above all, you will ensure we protect Amazon’s high quality customer experience and provide an efficient and transparent experience for our content providers.Role Responsibilities:
As the Senior Manager, Skills Certification Operations, you will:
- Define the global certification strategy for processing, publishing, and maintaining digital content (Skills) consumed by Amazon’s customers
- Effectively manage cross functional projects, dependencies and bottlenecks, provide escalations management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business need versus technical constraints and minimize business benefit while building great customer experience.
- Work with global stakeholder teams – platforms, tech, products, marketing, business development, solution architects – to raise the quality bar of skills while maximizing selection in our Skill Store
- Design the operations organizational structure and recruit the team responsible for implementing the strategy and on-boarding new developers
- Create and optimize processes for adding new digital content quickly, while ensuring the content meets Amazon’s high quality bar and follows Amazon’s policies
- Identify product and system requirements to ensure high quality skill descriptions and optimum skill processing times
- Build system to effectively screen and manage updates from developers
- Specify requirements for the technological systems and tools required to support the operations strategy
- Partner with the technology team to build required tools and systems
- Partner with other Amazon groups as necessary to implement the strategy and manage exception processes
- Above all, protect and enhance Amazon’s customer experience