Hire & Develop the Best
Want to change the way people watch TV? We are seeking an experienced media executive in Seattle to develop innovative digital video business opportunities for customers. About Amazon Channels
Amazon Video is fast becoming one of the major global players in digital entertainment. We are changing the way millions of customers enjoy movies and TV shows through Amazon Prime, new releases for rent or purchase, and subscriptions through Amazon Channels. Amazon Channels, launched in 2015, is an OTT platform that supports distributing video channels including as Showtime and Starz without a cable subscription on the Amazon Video platform. This team is responsible for creating and growing innovative new projects for customers within the Amazon Channels business.
As a Senior Product Manager for the Video team you will help define and build the product roadmap and customer experience for video across all Amazon Video platforms and geographies. You will participate in developing the video strategy and vision, and develop product roadmaps to execute on that vision. This role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, content acquisition, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our video customer experience. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
In this role you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Amazon Video customer, both existing and potential.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the product vision, strategy, roadmap and supporting metrics required to deliver and enhance a best in class digital video customer experience.
- Own the development of detailed product requirements documents.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management teams to deliver on the product roadmap.
- Drive projects, products, and feature launches with other teams both inside and outside of the Amazon Instant Video team including: business development, content acquisition, legal, marketing, finance, customer service, and operations.