Amazon is seeking a Program/Team/Operations Manager to help grow and manage a Data Associate team in Seattle, in support of our speech and language technology which powers Alexa Shopping. The Program Manager will be responsible for working with third-party agencies and Human Resources to recruit Data Associate team members, carry out efficient on-boarding practices, and manage data collection projects by developing guidelines for annotation and transcription of audio data from customers. S/he will also be responsible for working with product managers in Alexa Shopping to understand business problems, develop and maintain a prioritized roadmap of data collection and annotation requests to provide human judgment evaluation of the Alexa Shopping customer experience. S/he will receive regular directives from product and business leaders to deliver on key language data workflows. The Program/Team Manager will also work with off-site Data Specialists to coordinate training on key language data workflows (e.g. transcription, annotation), resource allocation to Alexa shopping projects, and will be responsible for monitoring accuracy and throughput across his or her team.
The Program/Team Manager must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. Specifically, the Program/Team Manager will:
- Manage the operations floor on a day-to-day basis, with a team of Data Associates that will grow to approximately 20-25 members.
- Coordinate with the site manager for space planning and IT support.
- Manage the relationship with agencies and onsite HR to find qualified Associates under strict deadlines.
- Liaise with the Product Managers to set workflow priorities and create appropriate training materials.
- Manage both on-site and remote team members as necessary to meet headcount demands.
- Adapt quickly to changing specifications and workflows.
- Build weekly work schedules, balancing tasks as per the current demand.
- Build daily and weekly status reports from metrics databases for communication to stakeholders.
- Track metrics around quality and productivity.