Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go
. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
Amazon is seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our extraordinary support team. This team is resolving a variety of technical support requests, including scheduled maintenance, equipment problems, and software related issues. This position focuses on maintaining and servicing deployed systems, which include various integrated mechanical, electrical, electronic, computer and related server based systems. You will need a unique blend of engineering skills that enable you to work with circuit boards, hand tools, power tools and machine shop equipment as well as databases, servers, and wireless networks. For this position, you will be self-motivated and understand the rigors of a dynamic and quickly growing environment. This position reports to the Support Engineering Manager.
A Technical Operations Sr. Support Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Achieving high levels of customer satisfaction in a customer facing role.
- Maintaining mechanical and electrical integrated systems, and related hardware.
- Communicating effectively with customers and setting reasonable customer expectations while resolving problems.
- Maintaining accurate field inventory records and communicating effectively with the groups supply chain.
- Documenting all customer problems about equipment maintenance, repairs, and problem resolution.
- Work with the Support Engineer Manager and lead teammates to resolve customer problems within agreed upon time frame following a predefined critical issue procedure.
- Effectively communicate customer issues and requirements to support engineering, product development, and other teams to improve product hardware and software.
- Assisting with deploying software service updates and troubleshooting issues
- Creating specifications and requirements for diagnostics tools.
- Influencing and creating documentation (engineering and product) reviews and product requirement discussions as the Customer Support representative.
- Identifying potential system improvements and enhancements to achieve customer objective(s).
- May lead or contribute to efficiency and scaling projects.
- Is a subject matter expert on one or more systems
- Identifies and develops automation for operating system maintenance and support
- May give presentations and training to develop team