The Production Supervisor has complete responsibility for the production area in operations and all processes in the production area across multiple shifts. This position is responsible for planning and implementing production processes and procedures, management of personnel, procurement of material, and administering policies, programs and procedures relative to the scheduling, manufacturing and assembly of product. This position ensures the highest level of employee safety and engagement internally and the highest levels of on time delivery and customer/retailer satisfaction externally. This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements, track metrics and thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Ensure a safe work environment and motivate employees to develop an injury free culture and environment.
• Emulate our Preferred Place to Work environment, by leading teams of employees across multiple shifts.
• Appraise performance; reward; correct; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
a. Complete annual performance reviews for production associates.
• Efficiently manage personnel, staffing needs, and balance with workload.
• Lead quality and performance initiatives resulting in exceptional customer experiences.
• Schedule work flow to assure orders are completed on time and delivered to warehouse timely and accurately.
• Lead manufacturing initiatives on physical audio book product in all varieties to maintain maximum viability in changing market.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Accountability for setting and achieving business metrics and goals.
• Procurement of materials needed for manufacturing processes.
• Strategic planning and forecasting
• Develop and maintain strong communication processes with all other organizations and departments within the supply chain.
• Drive continuous improvement, automation and efficiency projects.