Do you have passion for how the cloud can accelerate innovation for organizations of all shapes and sizes? At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are obsessed with helping customers revolutionize the way they build and run their applications, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. That is whether they are making a website, delivering mobile apps, training machine learning models, powering virtual worlds or sequencing the human genome.
Do you have a knack for driving high-impact product development and go to market strategies? Do you have a successful track record of taking products from concept to launch and monetization? Are you one of those rare technologists as comfortable working with engineering teams as you are talking with a journalist? Consider joining the AWS Product Management team!
As principal product manager, you will serve as a senior member of the Industry & ISV solutions product management team and own the product roadmap, B2B positioning and go to market success for a new product. You will define, price, and package capabilities to address customer needs. You will get to work in a large-scale business that most AWS customers use, and have a big impact every day.
Here are other qualities we desire in an product leader:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge, work across teams and make a big impact.
Enjoy communicating with customers and partners. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises understand how our platform can help take their cloud adoption to the next level.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. In 2017, AWS comprised more than 90 services, and we are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping marry the most complex technical concepts into coherent solution value propositions that make business sense to customers and partners.
Be a role model for boundary-less collaboration. You will work hand-in-hand with many internal and external stakeholders to translate market insight into features and roadmaps; support product marketing to develop messaging and promotional content, drive product launches and adoption programs; and enable business development, solution architecture, sales and partners.
Possess a hybrid, results-oriented skill-set. While the ideal candidate is highly capable doing the inbound activities involved in building great products, you can focus your energy outbound as well. You are comfortable hands-on in the trenches executing on deliverables as needed to grow your products. Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop product and solution requirements, working backwards from the customer.
- Identify target market segments, segment sizing and ideal B2B customer targets, and design forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment
- Define solution value propositions for targeted categories, industries or workloads and be accountable for the overall go to market plan, including the revenue forecasts, adoption goals, packaging, pricing/licensing, and partner/ecosystem strategies
- Build core content and compelling assets to articulate buyer value, industry use cases, competitive differentiation and benchmarking (customer case studies, videos, whitepapers, sales plays, presentations, how to guides, comparison tools, and more)
- Deliver enablement assets and training materials for sales and partners (sales plays, first call decks, battle cards, videos, playbooks, white papers, and more)
- Execute and track experiments to build community and grow consumption of services, including innovative pricing / packaging approaches, special offers, promotions, and customer adoption programs
- Support marketing in building core content and website/promotional materials
- Monitor the results of product launches, evangelism activities and marketing campaigns to reach target audiences effectively
- Establish customer and sales feedback loops to synthesize feedback and consolidate feature requests, providing category/industry/workload specific requirements to engineering and driving follow-up actions and communications
- Demonstrate people leadership by mentoring and coaching colleagues and taking the lead overseeing the activities of cross-functional teams
- Speak at events, deliver internal enablement activities, support trade shows, interact with customers/partners and engage with analysts/media
- Work effectively across AWS with groups such as sales, business development, solutions architects, services, and evangelists to achieve business goals