Do you want to change the way the world uses mobile devices? Do you enjoy diagnosing issues, matching problems with solutions, and paving the way for a great customer experience? Are you a tenacious information gatherer with a passion for getting things done?
The Appstore team is on the forefront of the tablet revolution designing software from the ground up for the Kindle Fire HD and Android mobile devices. The Amazon Appstore has the resources of a large organization combined with the autonomy and mentality of a start-up. This team is growing rapidly and provides extensive opportunities for career advancement in addition to working with some of the brightest minds in the software and mobile space.
Amazon Appstore for Android, one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon is looking for an Application Support Engineer to provide production support for our software components, resolve customer issues, and support software rollouts. You will become intimate with the architecture of our systems and be responsible for diving deep into code and logs. You’ll affect prioritization and be the customer ambassador in engineering.
As the Support Engineer at Appstore, your key responsibilities will include:
* Provide support of our incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple product lines.
* Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects.
* Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
* Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
* System and Support status reporting.
* Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
* Work with support team for handing-off or taking over active support issues and to create a team specific knowledge base and skill set