Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon is considered the most reputable company in the world, according to Harris Interactive. Amazon received the highest scores for its emotional appeal and its products and services. It also scored in the top five in vision and leadership, financial performance and workplace environment.
Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. The Harris Poll recently found Amazon to be the most trusted company in the United States, with products and services ranked over Apple and Google. One of those products is Amazon Web Services (AWS). Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. AWS is a $12 billion business and is still growing fast ($3.66BN Q1 2017 Revenue, up ~43% Y-o-Y). To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously and you should too!
This role is on the AWS Infrastructure team. We provide end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, operating and innovating our Cloud data centers. We support operations, business development, and engineering. You should be passionate about producing financial analysis enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers.
Specifically, we are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our worldwide Data Center Global Services finance team. The Data Center Global Services team is responsible for designing and building data center capacity, and includes functions like procurement & supply chain, infrastructure energy, construction and design engineering. Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Serve as the key business partner working directly with AWS senior management and other internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations
- Own the worldwide headcount planning for Data Center Global Services and create and drive processes that ensure productivity initiatives are being delivered.
- Develop ad-hoc business analysis and present recommendations to AWS senior management.
- Manage the financial planning and analysis effort and forecast various metrics for financial risks and opportunities.
- Report on the financial performance and lead in the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual financial review
- Monitor compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes and controls to support the fast-growing, global AWS business.