Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go
. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
As a Network Engineer working at Amazon you will:Have end to end ownership (architecture/design/scale) of a new developing network
- Be responsible for the operation of this network fabric and the optical network
- Build and rollout of our network across multiple sites
- Drive scaling current network designs to meet the demand of our customers
- Create simple processes that help operate and build our network
- Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems and ensure our network continues to meet their demands
- Work on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to in life operations
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network adheres these standards
- Review and implement changes on the network
- Work closely with our automation teams to assist in defining the tools we require
- Drive operational excellence projects to drive improvements in our network quality and reliability
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions day to day on our network
- Work with a wide range of complex technologies including optical engineering
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.