Overview and Responsibilities: Would you like to own driving revenue and customer engagement for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the China Public Sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with Public Sector customers who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting cloud computing? Do you have the business savvy, public sector sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As a Business Development executive within Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on the Public Sector market in China, you will have the exciting opportunity to lead a team of high skilled account managers and help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services.
Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing book of business for China public sector business. You will drive business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define and identify key opportunities, markets, contract vehicles and solutions. You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with the CXO level people in the top accounts. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects at a high level. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the China Public Sector team in helping to drive overall AWS market segment and technical strategy – participate and lead the strategy, program development, investments, channel development and other important efforts to make AWS the best fit for our customers’ needs.
- Manage a team of account managers.
- Identify, engage Civilian accounts, using a solution selling approach
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and commit to a forecast of specific business opportunities within a time period
- Perform the full range of activities from demand generation campaigns to pipeline management by engaging with customers, AWS internal resources, and partners.
- Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Understand and navigate China Public Sector Contracting vehicles and procedures.
- Be a thought leader and an executive relationship builder
- Set a strategic business plan for your target market segments and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Understand Governmental and any other related certifications. Execute the strategic business development plans while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required, and documenting wins in use cases and case studies.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group, while handling a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Leverage your knowledge of cloud computing, virtualization strategies and major vendors, hosting/data center and data storage technologies (structured and unstructured data) to assist customers in moving forward with winning web services strategies and solutions.