AWS Elemental is an Amazon Web Services company that combines deep video expertise with the power and scale of the cloud. We are looking for a Software Development Engineer
to join us on our AWS Elemental Delta product team, where you will help us give our customers the freedom to focus on what matters: transforming ideas into compelling content that captivates viewers.
In this role, you will be responsible for building new cloud architectures around Elemental’s just-in-time video packaging and origination software, AWS Elemental Delta. You will be a technical leader on the team, solving complex scaling problems that come with delivering video to millions of viewers over HTTP. Your job is to abstract this complexity and operational burden away from our customers, so they can trust that video is delivered reliably to all of their users’ devices (phones, tablets, computers, TVs).
This role requires outstanding programming skills, and a passion for creating robust distributed systems. As a key member of the team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing. You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems. We are looking for leaders! What you’ll do:
- Design and implement new features from specification to final test
- Define and achieve performance metrics, and instill the operational practices needed to sustain them
- Learn a tremendous amount about modern media technologies
- Influence the future direction of our product
- Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Make a significant contribution to launching a new cloud-based architecture for AWS Elemental Delta
- Become an expert on AWS tooling and operational practices