Amazon’s network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across millions of servers worldwide. The network is fundamental to the success of Amazon.com and hundreds of thousands of AWS Customers. And, right alongside there is THE most pervasive, important, and complex communications network in the world -- the Internet.
Come and have an impact on the whole Internet!
This role will build a new customer-visible Internet monitoring system that aims to improve not just detection of customer impact, but also report that to customers to drive improvements in their overall Internet experience. As an Internet company, improving our customer's Internet experience will have a large impact on Amazon. This role will have interactions with multiple customer-facing teams across Amazon.
Technically, this will be a very large scale data problem, requiring correlation to turn the data into actionable intelligence. It includes all of the elements from the customer backend to the internal systems which automatically remediate the issue.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing software, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Hire and grow a world-class engineering team that delivers excellent results to difficult problems
- Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
- Cultivate engineering, operational, and product excellence through metrics and continuous learning
- Establish and execute the product vision for the team
- Mentor and grow others to take on increasingly higher responsibilities