At Amazon, our goal is to develop ground-breaking PC games that become cultural touchstones, that redefine the boundaries of player experience and that change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, Amazon Web Services, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. We believe in a future of immersive, highly engaging game experiences that will collectively cut across age, gender, and nationality. You share our belief and are among the top few technical elite in the world. Amazon Game Studios is looking to take risks and invent! We want people that are driven to make the best games in the industry.
Crucible is a third-person, last one standing game of trust and betrayal. Each match pits human and alien competitors with unique weapons and abilities against one another on a lush, alien world. Players make and break alliances on the fly. In Crucible it takes a mix of combat skill, strategic planning, and social finesse to survive.
As a Software Development Engineer developing tools for the Crucible team, you will be a creative, natural problem solver with experience creating usable software. You have a passion for tool development, and enjoy working on a broad range of software including application plug-ins, game engines and editors, content creation tools, and platform services. You are proactive in finding and removing bottlenecks where they exist, and welcome direct feedback from your customers. You have broad development experience and software engineering skills. You are able to communicate effectively and focus on your customer’s needs. You are the kind of person who drives projects to completion across multiple functions and groups.
- Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining tools and editor features. Ensure features are integrated elegantly with existing features and platform infrastructure.
- Encourage rapid iteration through improved scripting functionality and other workflow improvements.
- Identify pipeline bottlenecks and opportunities for automation.
- Solve difficult problems that are sometimes not well defined by writing elegant and practical code.
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and well-designed tools that delight your customers.