Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Leader, you will be responsible for managing a worldwide supply-chain effort for end to end process development and optimization. You will introduce industry best practices and innovative manufacturing know-hows that will enhance roadmap and accelerate new product deployment. The right individual will partner cross functionally with engineering technologist, advance commodity, suppliers, design, quality, contract manufacturers, and volume production teams during solution development lifecycle. Possessing strong leadership, influencing skills, and technical depth are critical elements of success for this role. This leader will establish manufacturing standards and publish process control guidelines to assure flawless ramp into volume manufacturing. The Role:
You will be required to introduce world class solutions that meet and exceed business expectations, and set targets.
- Lead teams to enhance process and drive technology evolution to volume production
- Own manufacturing process qualification, documentation, and supplier ramp approvals
- Deliver world class user experience by establishing optimal manufacturing and assembly
- Partner with Technologists, Engineering, and Advance Commodity leaders to risk mitigate new technology deployment from concept to production
- Review and sign off all subassembly design documentation for manufacturing
- Provide data driven strategy to identify and manage user experience risk. This includes utilization Quality tools such as DOE, GR&R, and PFMEA
- Present timely, concise reports advising manufacturing process readiness to stakeholders
- Participate in design of new features through DFM, PFM, functional test development, quality control, and capacity modeling
- Develop plans and deploy strategy to bring up multiple new global suppliers in parallel