The Mobile Shopping team is looking for a Support Engineer to join our team. We build the Amazon app for iPhone and Android phone. We are a small team with a big impact: we own the systems that empower developers from across Amazon to deploy their features to a mobile audience. More than 72 percent of Amazon customers worldwide shopped using a mobile device during the 2016 holiday season. On Cyber Monday, Amazon customers worldwide purchased about 46 electronics and 36 toys per second on a mobile device.
Come be a part of the team that builds one of the most popular apps in the world. As a Support Engineer on the Mobile Shopping team, we need you to help support this growth and scale by diving deep into complicated technical problems and drive improvements across the app. You will drive investments in engineering excellence by tracking defects and getting them fixed at their root cause.
You will work side-by-side with the world-class Amazon engineers who build the iOS and Android apps. You will fix bugs and take on coding tasks to build tools that help diagnose system issues and automate their resolution. You must be a passionate advocate for our customers as well as an effective collaborator with your peers.
- Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems and services
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks
- Building, testing, debugging, and publishing Android and iOS apps
- Drive the creation of standard operating procedures and operational play-books.
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects
- Work with development teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set
- Participation in estimation and sprint planning
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules