*Job location/ site flexible East of Mississippi*
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
Our Procurement Program Manager Startup role will work with the Operations and Startup teams administering the flow of non-inventory goods including warehouse supplies, office supplies, shipping supplies, safety equipment, tools, and material handling requests for new sites or expansions. The scope of the procurement organization covers capital equipment spend of $100+ million that could include material equipment, conveyors, controls, racking, etc.. You will often partner with a representative from Finance and Legal for issues and planning, while providing ongoing customer support to external and internal customers, and act as a liaison, resolving any issues that may arise with a contract or supplier.
- Removing roadblocks
- Start-up team planning
- Work with Category, Launch, Startup and Procurement teams to validate services and supplies for launch buildings
- Issue appropriate Purchase Orders and help manage Capital Authorization Requests (CAR)
- Track orders and provide status and guidance to sites
- Obtain/Manage material and service quotes to include freight and tax, by location
- Administer and manage local/national contracts, permits, etc.
- Develop and utilize demand forecast models
- Establishing initial procurement order streams to match supply with demand on a JIT basis
- Manage vendors to ensure timely deliveries and quality compliance
- Resolve payment issues with vendors and accounts payable in a timely manner
- Establish utility vendor setup to include Water, Gas, Electric and Sewer
- Manage Purchasing card receipts and statements
- Work with Startup and FC Management to establish organized storage areas for Non-Inventory supplies
- Develop and utilize metrics to measure operational readiness for startup
- Interface with other FC PMM’s (Procurement Materials Managers) to implement best practices and consistency between buildings
- Partner with internal customers to positively influence spending decisions, helping to manage and control fixed cost during startup and develop and implement plan to achieve annual fixed and supply cost savings
- Drive execution of vision and goals for the team
- Promote Ethical Behavior
- Develop a transition plan from building startup to an operational site hand off template