Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? AWS is hiring a Linux DevOps/Support Engineer for the Intelligence Community’s commercial cloud services!
Are you ready to challenge yourself by joining one of the fastest growing areas in Amazon’s e-commerce services platform? We are seeking talented Support Engineers to help us implement our services and to improve customer experience across the globe. We build systems that process metering and bills on an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability.
- Implement and maintain multi-tier distributed software applications
- Participate in planning, implementation, and rolling out system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles
- Test and roll out major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc.)
- Provide deployment and operations support for large multi-tiered distributed software applications
- Roll-out system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in a dynamic entrepreneurial organization.
- Improve customer experience by providing greater visibility on their bills and manage their cost more efficiently.
Do I have the right stuff? You’ll need to:
- Demonstrate that you can be a solid Linux sys admin, with experience in rolling out application changes to multiple systems in a production environment
- Embody an extraordinary sense of ownership and passion for implementing world-class software.
- Demonstrate an ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
What do I get out of this?
- You will work with some of the most talented and innovative professionals in the industry and you will be empowered to implement and manage world-class software services that are used by millions of people around the world
- You will be introduced to advanced scripting languages including Ruby and Python, and will learn automation for rolling out new services
- You’ll learn the general structure, functions, and capabilities of the major product lines for all of Amazon’s AWS suites.
- You’ll get access to outstanding career and growth opportunities and an exciting team-oriented atmosphere.