The AWS Commerce Platform provides the back and front-end services that enable AWS customers to purchase AWS services and understand and manage their infrastructure costs. Our teams tackle some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in the world. We process trillions of events per month using stream processing techniques (Kinesis), process billions of line items via map reduce (EMR), and manage artifacts through the latest in database technologies (DynamoDB and Aurora). We process big data and provide tools for customers to interactively understand their bills. We also provide the analytics that let customers manage billions of dollars of IT usage and spending. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we also work closely across all AWS teams to ensure that we offer a great customer experience.
We are looking for talented software engineers to build solutions that enable Amazon teams to create and manage their service infrastructure and to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues. We start with our customers and work backwards in order to create solutions that are easy to use and have all the functionality that our customers need. Our infrastructure management software enables our users to automate, review and version changes to their service resources, leading to greater efficiency, safer and therefore more reliable changes, and traceability. Our issue resolution services minimize manual and error-prone activities needed to troubleshoot and resolve issues, leading to better outcomes and lower operational load for our users. Ultimately, our solutions allow Amazon teams to build out their services to new regions and to manage them at scale.
In this role you will:
- Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in an object-oriented programming language like Java and Ruby.
- Participate in planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a diverse Scrum team delivering solutions to complex problems.
- Develop, test, and rollout software changes for major features that meet functionality, performance, and reliability requirements and adhere to development goals and principles.
- Own and operate systems built by the team to meet service level agreements.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams in a dynamic entrepreneurial organization.
You may have what it takes for the role if you:
- Embody an extraordinary sense of ownership and passion for implementing world-class software.
- Demonstrate an ability to dive deep into complex technical problems.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to take a project from requirements analysis through to launch and operation of the system in production.