Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. The Role:
The JIRA/Confluence administrator would be responsible for administering a large on-premise instance of JIRA and Confluence. A candidate in this role would also be responsible for operational excellence around these services used by our customers.
Responsibilities include setting up new projects/spaces for our customers, developing mechanisms to integrate access control, managing workflow schemes, screen schemes, issue security schemes, custom fields, reporting and gadget integration. The candidate will also be responsible for leading our Steering Committee in the right direction when it comes to balancing performance/stability over customization and new feature requests.
It is a challenge to work with thousands of customers who rely on these platforms and is also a great opportunity for engineers who are looking to push themselves and prove that they can achieve great things.
These systems are heavily used by both internal and external customers alike and have aggressive SLAs -- which means architecting a scalable, fault-tolerant system is essential.
You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative solutions. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative environment. You will take part in designing solutions to hard problems across a global infrastructure platform. You will work closely with multiple DevOps teams to drive the SDLC from concept to launch and ensuring the highest level of quality for your deliverables.
Traits and Duties
Atlassian administrators are expected to have a strong sense of ownership, be extremely reliable and have an excellent level of systems and technical knowledge backed up by hands on experience. Key Traits
- You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
- You manage multiple priorities and get the right things done at the right times in spite of the fact that the workload is larger than you are.
- You communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with your team and with other groups. You are able to translate detailed technical problems into communicable messages.
- Driving your own projects, from design through planning to execution. Also work with teams across Amazon on cross-team initiatives.
- Planning and coordinating feature improvements and upgrades around Atlassian services.
- Improving the user experience around Atlassian services.
- Analyzing and improving availability, efficiency, capacity, scalability, security and performance of our services.
- Representing Systems Operations while working with internal teams and external partners.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with production systems as part of our on-call rotation.
- Developing and maintaining operations tools.