Are you comfortable analyzing the competitive landscape to understand critical customer decision points and help influence your company's strategy? Can you develop programs and scaling mechanisms to help assist the sales team in winning competitive opportunities?
As the Global Business Development Lead for Competitive Intelligence within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on AWS's overall competitive strategy. You will work closely with Marketing to drive AWS's overall competitive strategy, identifying existing programs and resources and developing and implementing new programs where gaps exist. Your responsibilities will include understanding with whom AWS competes and why we win and lose vs. these competitors. You will serve as an expert resource on competitive intelligence of cloud, IT applications and infrastructures, working with our customers and field teams to understand the benefits of migrating to AWS. You will manage a team of competitive Business Development Managers (BDMs) that work directly with customers and the AWS field to help win competitive opportunities with many of our most strategic customers.
You will synthesize the data and information you and your team gathers into succinct findings and persuasively communicate these perspectives and recommendations with senior BD, sales and product team management. You will track and prioritize competitive customer engagements that require market intelligence to drive the sales cycle.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and technical background that enables them to drive engagements and communicate the benefits of AWS to IT architects, engineering teams and C-Level executives. You should have demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the complex business and technical needs of customers, specifically from a competitive perspective. You should also have knowledge and a technical understanding of cloud concepts and vendors in general, and AWS specifically. You will have experience leading teams, ideally focused on market intelligence and competitive analysis Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development management team in helping to drive AWS Sales engagements with our customers and partners.
- Drive development of AWS's overall competitive strategy and customer programs
- Work with AWS Sales, BD and Marketing teams to drive proactive competitive intelligence conversations and sales messaging with our customers
- Develop and execute a methodology to track the volume of competitive opportunities, as well as when and why AWS wins and loses
- Develop programs and messaging to educate our customers on the benefits around the detailed decisions in selection of AWS as their cloud provider
- Work closely with the sales team to drive closure on our highest priority engagements in the pipeline.
- Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the benefits of using AWS relative to the broader Cloud Computing market
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks on Competitive Intelligence related issues