Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the Genomics industry? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the industry? The Genomics industry is accelerating the development of novel diagnostics, treatments and is the cornerstone of personalized medicine. AWS is looking for a Business Development leader who understands business and technical trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector globally for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, enable the ecosystem, and address changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include recommending and implementing systems and processes that will optimize use of AWS service in genomics, working with business development and solution architects to enable and deploy solutions and keeping abreast of scientific and technical approaches in the realm of bioinformatics. You will work with key customers and prospects to understand optimized tooling and approaches to genetic analysis, processing and data storage. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the genomics industry, including high performance computing, storage optimization and partner based solutions etc. You will also work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by customers.
The ideal candidate will have both a scientific and business background, with experience working with Genomics customers, with demonstrated experience interacting at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of genomic science and technology. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for the Genomics industry.
- Define and execute on a product development plan and ensure they are in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Define and identify and key technologies and patterns that are used in bioinformatics processing and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and research associations.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Present technical and scientific reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
- Develop and build new informatics processing pipelines for industry use that leverage various AWS services and programs
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.