Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
In this role, you would be part of an ambitious program to build our Global Migration Practice and define the way large enterprise customers migrate to the cloud at significant scale. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company. You’ll need to make prioritization calls across the portfolio that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive process and execution goals.
The successful candidate must have exceptional analytical skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated experience turning extremely large datasets into actionable information. We are looking for a proven ability to execute, and someone who is excited to take on new, challenging projects.
In the Global Migration Practice team, we’re hiring both highly technical cloud computing consultants and experienced business focused individuals to take leadership roles to develop and execute strategies for all phases of large scale migrations for customers rapidly moving large numbers of applications onto AWS.
The Migration Analysis Consultant will work directly with AWS Proserve Consultants and AWS Partners who are engaged on large-scale customer migration projects. They will be responsible for guiding data collection, analyzing data for completeness and accuracy, defining migration groups based on application dependencies, assigning server and application migration patterns, and prioritizing migrations based on business and technical drivers/priorities.
· Expertise - Knowledge and experience developing, architecting, implementing, or supporting complex enterprise applications.
· Solutions - Define and deliver analysis of customer application portfolio. This includes participating in discovery tool selection/implementation, evaluating completeness and accuracy of customer-provided data, identifying and mapping application dependencies, defining migration groups, defining migration pattern for each server and application in the portfolio, and prioritizing migration sequence based on customer-provided business and technical drivers.
· Delivery - Engagements include working with AWS Professional Services Consultants and AWS Partners to discover and map hardware and software solutions on customer’s premise or alternate cloud solutions in order to execute migration plans to move customer workloads to AWS.
· Feedback and Insights – Provide AWS Professional Services Consultants with additional supporting details and rationale to substantiate analysis and recommendations.
· Cross Functional – Work with peers in the Migrations Practice to catalog common architecture patterns, statistics on recommended migration pattern, and automate detection/analysis of discovered patterns.