The Search Design team helps customers find anything on the everything store. We deliver innovation on a massive scale, every day, using research, data, and intuition as inputs to form our hypotheses. Then we validate hypothesis through A/B and multi-variate testing. We are re-inventing one of the cornerstone experiences of modern ecommerce with the goal of changing the way people shop. We work with programs and teams across all categories and regions and our work impacts millions of people every day.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a senior design leader who leads by doing, values diversity of thought and background, has a passion for solving problems at massive scale and brings their best self to work everyday. This leader will be responsible for growing and mentoring a high performing team of talented designers. With their team, they will improve, iterate, and reimagine the Amazon search experience to shape the next generation of shopping for one of the largest product catalogs in the world. What You Bring
You have an “anything is possible” mindset when faced with highly ambiguous and complex problems. You’re proud of your work, your skills and expertise – but you’re not cynical, inflexible or only about your portfolio and you want to be part of something great. You love being part of a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn’t afraid to swing for the fences or exceed expectations even on tactical projects.
You have a deep background in digital, geek out over customer experience, tech and commerce and believe that no experience is perfect unless it delights customers in unexpected ways. You have demonstrated business and design acumen and believe in the power of strategic design to differentiate business and increase customer loyalty. You are a maker who doesn’t hold your ideas as precious and who iterates quickly, based on data, and leads your team to deliver exquisite design artifacts and analysis that tell the story of the customer experience you are proposing. What you will do
In this role you will be responsible for leading a variety of search initiatives across the entire Amazon ecosystem. This is a key position in the Search organization. You will be a member of the Search Design leadership team, with substantial access and visibility into executive leadership. You will be responsible for cultivating and crafting the vision for Amazon’s search feature experience. As part of the Search Design leadership team you will own a key part of the vision for creating a Search Design global center of excellence at Amazon. This role requires a solid mix of strategic design thinking, team mentorship & enablement, design evangelism, and process development.
- Define the strategic direction for your team and the features your team owns and partner with product management to conceptualize and deliver a next generation shopping experience
- Reinforce and cultivate a culture of collaboration, autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Be an evangelist for the value of search design and UX best practices and help raise the visibility of design across Amazon
- Work with Key Partners, Research, Product Owners and Engineers to understand the customer need and deliver mission critical, strategic design experiences
- Bring strong, customer centered design skills, creative vision, and business knowledge to translate ambiguous and conceptual ideas into exceptional design solutions at scale
- Partner with design systems to establish design and user experience guidelines for search across our global platforms