Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go
. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths’ most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push limits and that impacts the daily lives of our customers. Your Characteristics:
You’re a great program manager and you thrive working in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced environment in which solving challenging problems is the norm. You excel at analyzing quantitative and qualitative information, solving problems, developing processes and improving them. You’re detail oriented and you think outside of the box and challenge the status quo. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals. People trust and respect you and they like to work with you. The Role:
The Amazon Go Supply Chain team is looking for a talented, smart and driven Program manager to drive Resource Planning for our store and upstream distribution. This includes designing and executing Capacity Planning and Sales & Operations Planning tools and processes based on the inputs that are critical to Amazon Go. In this role you will partner with our instock teams, buyers, kitchen and store operations teams to analyze inventory flow forecasts to determine optimal storage needs and labor plans. If you have strong analytical and mathematical capabilities, you’ll feel right at home in this role. Furthermore, you will partner with software development teams to prioritize work in order to deliver best-in-class planning systems and tools that allow us to remain in-stock and provide an excellent customer experience. The Team:
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a team-orientated environment that’s more startup than big company. We especially need folks willing to roll up their sleeves and do everything it takes to accomplish our vision. All members of the team are expected to have excellent communication skills in order to support frequent communication with senior Amazon Go leaders. Responsibilities:
· Develop and run the full weekly S&OP process for Amazon Go
· Determine back of house (BOH) capacity needs for inventory (by temp zone) and non-inventory at the regional and store level.
· Develop capacity visualization tools at the store level and upstream DC level to monitor capacity position to drive placement and buying decisions.
· Develop requirements to deliver automated planning solutions in the long term based on inputs unique to Amazon Go and supply chain.
· Define, create, and track metrics for monitoring capacity.
· Run complex spreadsheets to operate the business, but also integrate and learn to make improvements.
· Partner with inventory planning, merchandising, and store operations team for storage space optimization.
· Initiate and support the implementation of process improvements, both business processes and technical solutions.
· Lead critical meetings with senior leaders to ensure key inputs for labor and sales planning are provided based on historic and future performance inputs.