Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. We have worked to produce best-selling Kindle e-readers and tablets, as well as new inventions like Fire TV and Echo Show. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. The Role:
The Senior Display Operations Program Manager (NPI OPM) – Display & Touch for the New Product Introduction team integrates Amazon’s innovative Display and Touch solutions into the core product teams on time, with superior product quality and maximum customer availability.
Display/Touch NPI OPMs are pivotal to the fast-paced development and launch of Amazon’s products. A successful Display & Touch Program Manager is a natural leader and facilitator; is dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in program/ project management; communicates with ease at all levels; thrives in an ambiguous environment and is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts.
Furthermore, this individual is the team leader within Operations and primary Operations interface to the core product development team and other functional organizations within Amazon for all Display and Touch related issues.
Overall mission is a successful product launch defined by meeting schedule, availability, cost targets and customer experience goals. In this role, you will:
- Lead the Display and Touch cross-functional operations teams, including Operations Engineering, Commodity Management, Supply Chain, Quality and Materials teams
- Lead and drive Display and Touch OEM suppliers
- Act as the primary leader and point of contact for all Display and touch related issues
- Partner closely with Design Engineering and Operations Technical Teams to assess and drive all program risks
- Plan and drive execution of all Engineering development builds through to initial ramp
- Engage early in the NPI development process and carry through to volume production
- Manage all project related communications, including project status and escalations to Senior and Executive staff teams
- ~20% international travel