Amazon Business represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base and is an area of high interest for Amazon. Targeting a $2Trillion market segment. We are focused on building solutions that enables business customers to find, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between). Our business customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon retail customers, and we are reinventing everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
Amazon Business is looking for a highly effective Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) with a strong background in data extraction, dashboard creation, predictive analytics and developing business/customer insights. This senior Business Intelligence Engineer will create and improve upon timely, relevant, and actionable insights, intelligence and recommendations that help drive sales, marketing, product features and category selection in Amazon Business.
The Business Intelligence Engineer must love extracting, nurturing and transforming a high volume of data into actionable business information and making it readily accessible to stakeholders. S/he will analyze data trends to understand behavior and key insights into current performance and will recommended targeted improvements.
- Extract data from multiple sources (internal, customer and 3rd party data) customized for the needs of Amazon Business sales and marketing organization
- Develop reports and dashboards using various technologies (i.e. RUBY, HTML, PHP, Java, and AJAX) to allow internal teams (sales, marketing, product management, category teams) and Amazon Business senior management to understand issues and identify actions to be taken to solve these issues
- Analyze and report data findings from disparate systems and generate reports to find and identify new and insightful ways to enhance the customer experience using your data-driven insights
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to improve related systems and known issues
- Build models and perform predictive analytics for customer engagement, lead scoring, customer segmentation, down-stream impact (DSI), customer churn, lifetime value (LTV) cross-sell recommendations, win-loss analysis etc.
- Review insights to provide actionable recommendations to key stakeholders (sales, marketing, product management, category teams) and understand and meet their analytics needs on a continual basis