Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon is considered the most reputable company in the world, according to Harris Interactive. Amazon received the highest scores for its emotional appeal and its products and services. It also scored in the top five in vision and leadership, financial performance and workplace environment.
Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. The Harris Poll recently found Amazon to be the most trusted company in the United States, with innovative products and services. One of those products is Amazon Web Services (AWS). Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud and is one of Amazon's fastest growing business.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously and you should too!
This role is on the AWS Infrastructure team. We provide end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, operating and innovating our Cloud datacenters. We support operations, business development, and engineering. You should be passionate about producing financial analysis enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers.
· Serve as the key finance partner supporting the Infrastructure Business Development team providing financial recommendations on a variety of investments and deal negotiations for new market launches and regional expansions.
· Perform cash flow and P&L financial modeling under tight deadlines and lead executive-level discussions. Ensure internal stakeholders (e.g. product teams, Networking, Data Center Engineering, Accounting, Legal, Tax, etc.) are aligned with your recommendations.
· Help prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new deals.
· Understand the infrastructure market segments, customer base, and industry verticals. Help set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with Infrastructure’s strategic direction.
· Supporting business partners at Amazon requires the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners. A successful Finance person will gain the reputation for “being right a lot.”