Amazon Kindle is the world’s most beloved digital brand for reading. The Kindle Content Design team—the folks who design content creator, customer reading, purchasing and discoverability experiences across platforms and devices—is seeking a talented, creative, and customer-obsessed User Experience Designer to join team in our downtown Seattle, WA location.
You are highly collaborative and will work closely with a team of passionate designers, user researchers, product managers, and developers to create the interaction flows, visual style, and assets to create next generation experiences for interactive learning content. You will create engaging customer-focused experiences that will help people discover, purchase, distribute, consume, and study educational materials. Your work will directly help a wide variety of learners and educators across the educational domains of personal interest, professional development, and higher education. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Contribute to the brand experience, visual communication, and marketing design initiatives.
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Amazon executives for review and feedback.