Worldwide Procurement secures the supplier technology, solutions, and capacity required to deliver the highly automated FC technology roadmap, including automated conveyer, packaging automation, robotic manipulation, auto identification and other emerging and disruptive technologies. Our team also directs the global MHE acquisition and supplier development for the Global Customer Fulfillment (GCF), Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF), and Amazon Transportation Systems (ATS) buildings. These solutions require continuous engineering improvement, emerging and disruptive technology innovations and long-term supplier partnerships. We are filling a key role on our Worldwide Procurement Sourcing team.
Amazon is seeking a Worldwide Procurement Principal to partner with internal business owners and key stake holders to drive extreme procurement and operational value for Amazon. The Worldwide Procurement Principal will work closely with the Senior Manager and Director of Worldwide Procurement to develop long-term strategic plans to maximize global value for Amazon including managing all aspects of the global category (working closely with the regional procurement teams in NA, EU and Asia) including executive supplier relationship management, total cost of ownership road maps, value engineering, contract management, lead-time reduction, operational improvements, and maintenance/support. WW Procurement will often partner in these activities with representatives from Engineering, Finance, Legal, and other key internal stakeholder groups. Overall, the Worldwide Procurement Principal has the responsibility for effectively managing the global spend for their respective category areas to enable Amazon to be the best e-commerce retailer in the world.
- Develop multi-year strategic plans for category spend management and supplier base development that provides Amazon a competitive advantage.
- Drive annual plans and activities that meets the company’s financial objectives.
- Lead or oversee multiple major procurement projects on a global basis.
- Work in close cooperation with the regional procurement teams in NA, EU and Asia and respective stakeholders in engineering, finance, facilities and operations.
- Implement strategic sourcing strategies to optimize costs and ensure continuity of supply, ensuring cost efficient supply of business critical items.
- Develop and manage integrated category supply chain processes that ensure continuous improvements in supplier quality, delivery and cost performance.
- Led key negotiations, implement improved processes and incorporate value engineering activities to achieve cost reduction goals.
- Ensure that the necessary controls, budgets, policies and procedures are in place to optimize procurement’s contribution to Amazon’s business plans.
- Develop and utilize improved metrics and data driving decision making capabilities.
- Assist in the hiring and development of the team and improve overall organizational capability through systems, processes and talent development.
- Develop and implement integrated supply chain processes that effectively support Amazon’s growing and dynamic business model.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization.