The Alexa Communications team’s mission is to bring people closer together by enabling customers to use their Alexa devices for convenient, natural, and expressive conversations with family and friends. In May 2017, we launched Alexa calling and messaging
. Customers can call and message
anyone who has an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa app, and make and receive video calls on the new Echo Show. It's still day 1 for our team and we want you to help us shape the future of voice-enabled technologies by raising the bar for operational performance and support across our organization.
Are you someone who's comfortable wearing many hats? Do you obsess about data, metrics, and scalability? Do you enjoy leveraging technology to automate daily operational activities? If so, we're looking for you!
As a member of the Alexa Ops team, you will act as a subject matter expert in systems availability, monitoring, and performance optimization. You will work directly with our development teams to identify and resolve primary causes of service impacting issues and implement mitigation to common failure scenarios. You will become intimate with the architecture of our systems, support software rollouts, build internal tools, and exemplify operational excellence.
This is a great opportunity to join Amazon's world-class technical team, working with really smart and self-driven engineers. You will be a major contributor in providing a better customer experience to millions of users worldwide.
As a Support Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting/debugging techniques to root cause incoming tickets.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and automated incident resolution.
- Develop internal tools, primarily in Ruby or Java.
- Analyze service architecture, metrics/thresholds, and make recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Drive operational excellence initiatives across the Alexa organization.
- Balance support/ops requests with software development or systems engineering work while still having fun.