*** AWS Commerce Platform will be holding a hiring event in Seattle, WA on August 18, 2017 to interview folks for Software Development Engineer (SDE) roles. Please apply if you're interested in attending! Positions are available at our Seattle location.
AWS Commerce Platform combines some of the most interesting computer science problems around idempotency, hot-partition management, and once-and-only-once processing, applied at massive scale (100+ trillion records per month at 1 Petabyte of data per day). Furthermore, mission-critical requirements demand that we build systems which guarantees accuracy and can quickly adapt to the fluid roadmap of the AWS business (50+ services and growing).
Computing AWS bills requires calculations performed over trillions of usage records, millions of accounts, and hundreds of thousands of different rates. Equally important, the information that we control enables detailed reports that give customers insight into how they run their business, empowers rich dashboards that highlight historical trends, and provides data that allows customers to continuously monitor and control their budget.
As a software developer, you have the opportunity to lead the paradigm shift in streaming Big Data by building applications on top of cutting-edge AWS technologies such as Kinesis, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Aurora, and many more. Additionally, you can build meaningful software that can radically change how AWS wins our largest customers over to the Cloud. And finally, as an Amazon engineer, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at "Amazon Scale", and collaborate with some of the best in the business.
As a Software Development Leader you will:
· Lead a team of software development engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
· Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
· Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
· Work closely with other AWS teams to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
· Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining single-digit millisecond latencies, and simplifying enterprise scale commerce complexity.
· Mentor a large group of people with a direct handle on the pulse of each employee on your team.
· Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
· Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a weekly basis.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of the Cloud.