Worldwide Procurement secures the supplier technology, solutions, and capacity required to deliver the highly automated FC technology roadmap, including automated conveyer, packaging automation, robotic manipulation, and auto identification & quality products. Our team also directs the global MHE acquisition and supplier development for the customer fulfillment (GCF), specialty fulfillment (GSF), and transportation (ATS) buildings. These solutions require continuous engineering development, emerging and disruptive technology innovations and long-term supplier partnerships. We are filling a key role on our Worldwide Supplier Development team.
Amazon is seeking an industry proven and detail oriented Supplier Development (SD) Engineer to qualify, develop and manage our key material handling and emerging technology supplier base. Successful candidates are natural self-starters who have prior experience in the integrated automation project life cycle, contract manufacturing, and system supplier and/or technology sourcing. Our SD Engineers must be agile with the ability to quickly adapt strategies, plans and solutions in response to dynamic business requirements. They also must be comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. Open minds, customer focus, innovation empowerment, advanced technologies, team first mindset, and individual drive enable our Worldwide Supplier Development team to deliver the most advance fulfillment solutions in the world.
- Partner with Worldwide and Regional Procurement teams to qualify, manage and source key, assigned suppliers including conveyor / sortation system integrators and advanced technologies (e.g., robotic work cell, packaging automation, and specialty automation) solution providers
- Develop and manage strong strategic relationships with our key suppliers and business partners to reduce cost, compress project lifecycles, advance solution quality and improve capital efficiencies
- Implement strategic sourcing strategies to optimize costs and ensure continuity of supply, ensuring cost efficient supply of critical items
- Facilitate suppliers’ understanding of Amazon global policies, equipment design standards, budget and cost targets, and service and quality expectations
- Drive suppliers’ continuous improvement and development program in support of quality, delivery and cost performance metrics.
- Support common global supplier selection processes, global supplier development processes, and continued managed expansion of the global supplier base
- Manage common global supplier metrics and data reporting to support the achievement of continuous cost improvement targets
- Support Lean / Cost Out programs to reduce CapEx spend and optimize capital spend efficiency
- Lead special projects on a worldwide basis to reduce costs, improve efficiencies, improve performance of strategic suppliers, and improve project implementation results
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced natural self-starter possessing:
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to influence, negotiate, and develop relationships at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up recommendations and develop business cases
- Proven comprehension of electro mechanical designs and integrated machine controls
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding our business, projects, solution designs, technology innovations, and opportunities to improve the effectiveness of our capital equipment procurement processes
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation