Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Platform Business Development, which is a global function centered around market development for new web services and market expansion for existing web services.
AWS Platform Business Development is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced business leader to play a critical role on the leadership team within the Worldwide Platform Business Development Organization. This will be an important role as we incubate new AWS services and enable our customers to innovate. In 2016, AWS launched 1,017 new services and/or features, and to support these launches we apply structured scalable approaches to the incubation and market development efforts around these new AWS Services. This is done through mechanisms like early product incubation, go-to-market strategy, platform partnerships, field enablement and readiness, broad service adoption programs, and overall revenue growth for the AWS Platform. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of Platform Business Development, this is a fantastic opportunity for a proven cross-functional leader to shape and drive the overall process around ideating, incubating, innovating, and institutionalizing our approach and practice for the entire AWS Platform, which comprises of over 90+ AWS Services. A good part of this role will require extending the incubation phase into an innovation phase, where one will have to think creatively in creating mechanisms that drive innovative development of applications around the AWS Platform. This can entail working with external partners to create an ecosystem around innovation, and also identifying and developing strategic platform partnerships can help AWS enter into emerging and growing markets.
As business leader for AWS Platform, you will be a key member of the leadership team, own the overall strategy, approach and execution of AWS Services Incubation. This will require close collaboration with the AWS Service Teams, Field Enablement Teams, and Global Platform BD Team. Close partnership with leaders and organizations outside of your immediate team will be necessary as you will build an overall structured approach and experience for incubation and innovation programs. Successful candidates should have strong program management, analytical, organizational, and communication skills and a passion for creating customer driven programs around emerging technologies.
Key priorities of the role include:
· Drive global incubation program for AWS Platform BD including interaction with leadership and management meetings, as well as all hands meetings.
· Develop in partnership with the AWS Service teams, strategic priorities and long-term plans for the organization
· Define goals processes and drive monthly updates against those goals
· Develop strong, productive relationships across peer organization that further our business objectives
· Manage complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement
· Demonstrated competency in the areas of group collaboration, analytical thinking and strategy
· Work with the other Platform BD Leaders to drive incubation process around AWS Services.
· Help to define broader market development themes, strategies and mental models for incubation and innovation.
Help drive enable the team to drive new market development efforts in emerging areas by working with leaders across product development and business development teams