Do you wake up in the morning excited about what cloud computing can do for customers of all shapes and sizes? Are you excited to be able to explain the benefits and capabilities of Docker containers to customers? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand how this technology can make a big difference to their businesses? Do you have a knack for creating high quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions? Are you one of those rare technologists as comfortable working with engineering team as talking with a journalist? The Amazon Web Services Product Marketing team is hiring!
Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS) is a highly scalable, high performance container management service that supports Docker containers and allows developers to easily run applications on a managed cluster of Amazon EC2
instances. You will have the opportunity to define the strategy for how we communicate to our customers about this service. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, creating the most compelling content to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption. You will also work the engineering teams to shape the product vision and prioritize features. You’ll get to work on a growing business and have a big impact every day. Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be technical and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy communicating with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises understand how our services can help take their applications to the next level.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. In 2014, AWS launched more than 500 new features and services, and we are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping articulate the most complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers. Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the development of all value propositions, core content, marketing, and go-to-market strategies for Amazon EC2 Container Service
- Lead the definition and delivery of our programs to engage with Amazon EC2 Container Service customers
- Help the community in building an ecosystem of tools around Amazon EC2 Container Service
- Crafting & developing compelling audience-specific messages and tools (demos, reference architectures, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides, etc.)
- Disseminate guidance and best practices for Amazon EC2 Container Service at events, meetups, and conferences
- Measure and analyze opportunities to improve our developer/ops programs and innovate new ones
- Work with the engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages and define, track, and meet customer engagement goals
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate issues, balance business needs versus team constraints, and champion a great customer experience