The Kindle Content Rotation offers the unique opportunity to gain a better understanding of how our technology software engineering and product management organizations operate. The role is open to Finance candidates looking to boost their career growth by expanding their skill set beyond traditional Finance. The role is composed of two nine-month rotations: Senior Manager, Digital FinOpEx and Senior Manager, Product Management. At the end of 18-months, the candidate will be well positioned to take on higher responsibility with a broad scope of roles available in Finance or outside of Finance. As part of the rotation, the candidate will be assigned three mentors (one Finance leader, one Engineering leader and one Product Management leader) and will be provided with an onboarding training plan. 1st Rotation: Senior Manager, Digital FinOpEx (9 months) Org: Kindle Content Technology
The Digital Content and Commerce Platform (DCCP) organization enables Amazon’s digital businesses to automate financial transactions. We obsess over accuracy, consistency and completeness of financial data and provide visibility to high-quality financial data to our customers. The Senior Manager, Digital FinOpEx will lead our Digital Content Financial Operational Excellence team. In this position, you will identify and drive reduction of financial and operational risks. The scope of this role will include:
2nd Rotation: Senior Manager, Product Management (9 months) Org: Kindle Content Acquisition
- Partnering with engineering, content acquisition, digital businesses, Finance and Accounting teams to review and evaluate new and existing financial processes.
- Identifying opportunities to increase speed-to-market for the overall launch experience while reducing financial defects.
- Building and driving mechanisms to evaluate and monitor the financial health of digital businesses.
- Evaluating the overall controllership level of processes and systems across all digital business models, pre and post launch.
- Reporting on financial and operational health of digital businesses to internal and external leadership.
- Leading a large team and maintaining effective communication about projects with internal and external business partners.
The Kindle Content Acquisition Product Management team is responsible for streamlining, optimizing and growing the global Kindle managed content business. We define and launch processes for global business models, own the creation and improvement of publisher services and use mechanisms to improve the Kindle Content customer experience. In this role, you will partner with business and engineering teams to successfully launch new global business models, initiatives and products. The scope of the role will include:
- Leveraging metrics and analysis to guide decision-making and creatively identify new opportunities.
- Managing our new project intake and ensuring all key projects are prioritized across teams and appropriately resourced.
- Executing selected projects on time and with high quality standards.
- Creating, maintaining and disseminating project information to stakeholders.
- Working cross-functionally with senior leadership and software development teams, in the US and internationally.
- Identifying, assess, track and resolve issues and risks at multiple levels, including technical and associated business risks.