Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch – with full source. The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud.
We’re just getting started with Lumberyard. We have an excellent team with long tenure building some of the industry’s most respected games, but we are still growing fast and have many positions left to fill. We’re looking for pioneers who can imagine and deliver world-class technology for tomorrow’s most celebrated games. We’re looking for the best people in the industry to join our team of veterans. If you’re excited about the opportunity to invent and build with the entire sandbox of Amazon’s ecosystem, including AWS and Twitch, we want to talk to you.
As a software development manager for Build and Automation teams on Lumberyard, you will collaborate with game developers and other technical leaders to create a technology roadmap for features and deliver on it. Your ambition is to empower developers to deliver the revolutionary next generation of real-time interactive experiences. You are passionate about hiring and developing great technical teams, and driving delivery of impactful customer results.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive a coherent technology roadmap from sometimes ambiguous requirements balancing a focus on long-term ambitious vision with short and medium term customer requirements.
- Lead teams of engineers responsible for the development of Lumberyard's Build and Automation features and workflows.
- Hire world-class engineers, and retain them.
- Coach your team members and grow their capabilities over time.
- Develop project plans and commitments for your team then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Be a champion for the customer: Insist on the highest standards, and create world-class tools and technology that empower developers.