Amazon’s Tax organization is seeking a Senior Manager, Technical Program Manager to help lead cross company software initiatives to support the varied tax, reporting, and information security requirements of the many countries where Amazon does business. This is an exciting and challenging role and will give the right person a chance to be part of a company and a team making history. Large multi-nationals are facing a period of unprecedented tax reform. This reform will have a significant impact to all business units competing in the global market. This position will partner with teams across Amazon to lead, plan, coordinate, budget and implement related projects to ensure that company goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budgets. The candidate will demonstrate an exceptional bias for action and comfort in dealing with ambiguity.
A successful Senior Manager candidate is a strong people manager, experienced in hiring, developing and growing staff. They are highly analytical, able to navigate extremely effectively across a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies into high quality, simple solutions. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
The ideal candidate has background experience in the retail online business, large-scale web development architecture, and the financial/accounting aspects of domestic and international retail commerce and he/she can represent each of the constituents to all stakeholders on a project. This role requires working closely with businesses across Amazon and key software development teams to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through design and delivery.
Job responsibilities include:
- Lead and mentor a team of technical program managers in support of Amazon Tax projects.
- Identify and champion opportunities that will solve broad reaching, cross organizational challenges in our technical architectures.
- Identify cross program risks and dependencies, resolving and/or escalating as needed to keep program portfolio on schedule.
- Collaborating with project owners and key stakeholders to define and refine project objectives and deliverables.
-Preparing, reviewing, and delivering program communications to cross-functional executive stakeholders.
- Perform technical program management for specific projects and/or mentor your team in the following:
- Building workstream project plans and identifying workstream dependencies during the planning process; supporting the resource planning process.
- Understanding the architecture of systems impacted by a project (e.g. workflows, APIs, runtime characteristics, design limitations, and maintenance requirements) and articulating the impact to non-technical business owners
- Influencing technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions; develop and deliver cases for resource allocations to achieve a desired business outcome, resolve an architecture deficiency, or unblock delivery.
- Liaising with cross functional work stream participants consisting of Amazon Businesses, Tax, Accounting, Treasury, HR, Legal, Finance Operations, and corresponding technical teams to provide a comprehensive status update to the program lead related to the assigned work stream.
- Identifying areas of risk to the project scope or timeline and escalating to program leadership in a timely manner; Resolving blocking issues during project execution, testing, launch and cutover.
- Executing project closeout process and practices as the person responsible for close-out program; including leading cross functional work stream retrospective and drive improvements into the process.