· Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Query performance tuning skills using Unix profiling tools and SQL
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
· Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
· Experience with AWS
- Some experience leveraging SAS, R or matlab to manipulate data and set up automated processes as per business requirement
- Strong ability to interact, communicate, present and influence within multiple levels of the organization
- Masters degree
- Excellent communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.