Are you an experienced Product Manager looking to have a global influence at Amazon? The AWS Customer Insights team needs a Strategic Product Manager to drive our strategic roadmap which provides a high-level overview of AWS Customers, Partners, and Services. Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to provide a vision and experience in a product ownership role for sales tools? Come be at the forefront of the cloud computing movement and be a part of changing the way the world implements IT.
As a Strategic Product Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broaden use of the Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. We are looking for someone who will help drive a new Customer 360 platform that improves the overall effectiveness of teams across Sales, Business Development, Product teams and Support. This includes understanding the needs and differences for data and tooling in the various user groups. You will help determine critical requirements for both tooling improvements and new sets of data and analysis to bring into and build within the tool. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them research and address issues, concerns, and requests for live data from the field.
The ideal candidate will have a strong product/program management background, have experience leading medium to large projects, and have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies and project management tools. The candidate also possesses rock-solid background in data analysis and insight, and converting data into digestible business intelligence and actionable information. The candidate should also have a business background that enables them to support a process of researching, analyzing, and reporting on business development activity. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-functionally. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Support the broader business development activity, including working with various internal stakeholders to understand business challenges and provide data/analysis for better decision making
- Gather requirements from appropriate business owners, write clear and detailed functional specifications, prioritize features, and drive technical scoping as needed
- Successfully deliver projects on time working with global cross-functional teams
- Manage the entire life cycle of the initiatives you’re responsible for including showing operations success and developing on further iterations
- Develop requirements for internal tools and processes to support product/feature launches
- Define, measure and utilize program KPI’s to improve the overall program
- Dive deep to understand areas of optimization across operations and functional teams; translate findings into business requirements
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for operational, program or product improvements
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary