The Senior Technical Talent Team is a small start-up team, within Amazon’s Executive Staffing Organization, in the midst of a scale-out effort. The Team hires Principal, Senior Principal, and Distinguished Engineers – the Company's most senior technical contributors. Members of Amazon's Principal Engineering Community are exemplary practitioners and pragmatic visionaries. Our Principal Engineers set the standard for engineering excellence across Amazon. In order to scale Amazon’s Principal Engineering Community, the Senior Technical Talent Team is looking for a Principal Recruiter who shares a passion for hiring the best and the brightest engineers in the world.
The Senior Technical Talent Team has the unique ability work across all of Amazon’s businesses and impact each senior leadership team. The Principal Recruiter will be responsible for owning and executing Principal Engineer searches. S/he will own relationships with senior executives and create robust hiring and candidate development strategies. S/he will be expected to recruit and hire world renowned technical candidates.This person will need to be well-versed in all aspects of senior executive technical search including client management and offer negotiation, candidate development, generation and creative sourcing. S/he work with a strong, established recruiting team of full life cycle recruiters and researchers.
Specific responsibilities include but, aren’t limited to:
- Acting as a talent advisor to Technical and Business Leaders across Amazon – educating Hiring Managers about the external Principal Engineer demographic. Clearly communicating status and progress against open searches. Providing strategic guidance to executive leadership in matters related to top technical talent.
- Serving as an expert for technology recruiting, including work on continuous company and talent mapping in key tech areas for the company.
- Developing prospects into candidates, engaging them and performing assessment/screening
- Continually contributing to the knowledge base of the group and Amazon, as a whole, by providing education on relevant industries and talent pools/profiles
- Building out talent networks in technology and product sectors and tapping knowledgeable industry sources to develop an on-going pool of candidates
- Leading client update meetings on active searches
- Conducting on-site interviews and participating in debriefs; performing 360 reference checks and presenting/negotiating employment offers on behalf of Amazon.com
- Coaching leaders to continuously improve their talent acquisition capabilities – especially at senior level
To be successful, you will need to exhibit the following traits:
- Research acumen and creativity; An individual who can learn new tech and product domains quickly and understand how to craft effective search strategies within those domains
- Superb communication skills; a compelling communicator able to engage the attention of busy, senior executives
- Self-assured, not easily thrown, able to think on your feet; this individual may be called upon to work on highly confidential searches with very senior leaders
- Inquisitive; a strong desire to learn
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.