Would you like to lead a team driving the global technical strategies for Amazon Web Services (AWS) in select technology domains and industry verticals? Would you like to help define the set of technical and thought leadership deliverables that will help move the needle in each of these markets? Can you help the team identify key use cases for each market, and develop elegant reference architectures and solutions that leverage the AWS cloud platform and smartly address the business need? Areas of focus for the Technical Leader team include technical realms such as Data and Analytics, Security & Compliance as well as industry areas such as Gaming, Media & Entertainment, and Healthcare & Life Sciences.
As a Senior Manager of the AWS WW Technical Leader Team, your responsibilities will include identifying and recruiting a set of top-tier technical talent, with particular depth and influence in specific technology areas or industry verticals. You will be a hands-on leader, who leads by example. You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS in these technical and industry focus areas. The job entails defining the set of deliverables we think will exert a high level of impact and influence on the market, and then working with the team to execute on that plan. Deliverables are expected to be reference architectures, solutions briefs, white papers, blog posts and webinars. The team is expected to be thought leaders in their respective spaces as well, speaking at events and in front of customers and partners. The team will also work closely with different field sales teams to both support large and strategic opportunities, as well as develop competence and capability within the technical teams across the global field community. Roles & Responsibilities:
· Helps develop the strategic plan for AWS in select technology and industry vertical domains, particularly the technical elements of the strategy and plan.
· Responsible for understanding the use cases used in select domains, and developing the AWS-based technical solutions that address those needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third party solutions.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the global AWS SA community.
· Working with the Partner team, identifies ISVs and SIs that are the key players in the domains, and helps prioritize which systems are important targets to bring to the AWS platform, as well as which SIs to focus on for GTM activity.
· Responsible for ensuring that the broader technical community (SAs, ProServe Consultants, TAMs, etc.) understand both the use cases and technology involved in the select domains. Works with the Training and Sales Enablement teams to help develop the necessary skills and knowledge within the community, in order to help the team be effective in sales cycles.
· Develop the team to be well-positioned to establish technical credibility in sales cycles, so that they can stand toe to toe with any and all CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc.
· Develops plans for thought leadership in each domain, and manages the team regularly speaking at industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.