Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS, you can procure compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer with AWS Sales Strategy & Operations, you will be working in a large, complex, and dynamic data environment. We are looking for an experienced BI Engineer with an uncanny ability to integrate multiple heterogeneous data sources to build efficient, flexible, and scalable data warehouse and reporting solutions. The ideal candidate has deployed Tableau Server to 500+ users, optimizing the architecture for performance and positive end-user experience. They are enthusiastic about learning new technologies and implementing solutions using these technologies to empower internal customers and scale the platform. The ideal candidate demonstrates solid communication skills and the ability to partner with Research Scientists and business owners across technical and non-technical teams to develop and define key business questions, then build the solutions that answer those questions.
In this role, you will serve as the expert in designing, implementing, and operating a stable, scalable, low cost environment to flow information from the data warehouse into end-user facing reporting applications such as Tableau and AWS QuickSight. Above all, you should be excited about bringing large datasets together to answer business questions and drive data-driven decision making. Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, design, implement, and manage a deployment of self-service data visualization platform, in Tableau
- Create ETL procedures and SQL queries to bring data in from data warehouse and alternate data sources
- Utilize database technologies, including Redshift, AWS Athena and Tableau to design, develop, and evaluate analyses and highly innovative business intelligence tools and reporting
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses
- Support the development of performance dashboards that encompass key metrics to be reviewed with senior leadership and sales management
- Work with business owners and partners to build data sets that answer their specific business questions
- Support Data Analysts and Research Scientist in analyzing usage data to derive new insights and fuel customer success