Amazon is continuing to expand globally into new marketplaces and new businesses. The International Technology organization plays a key role in this expansion. The team works with internal customers and external vendors and suppliers to define the global expansion roadmap, and then to execute the plan.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from front-end UI (both web and device) to back-end distributed web services to device software. You will own the quality of major deliverables end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows. This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, launching massive programs, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you!
Principal job responsibilities:
- Create and document test plans for end to end user scenarios
- Deploy services through test and production stages
- Execute periodic manual and automated test cases
- Investigate and reproduce bugs and drive fixes through test and production stages.
- Develop manual and automated UI tests
- Implement test runner scripts in Perl or Shell
- Prepare datasets in test and production databases
- Improve end to end testing of legacy services
- Identify and debug test automation failures
- Coordinate testing across disciplines and teams