Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out (JWO) Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from, or returned to the shelves, and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go.
Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, JWO uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art and impacts the daily lives of our customers. The Role:
Are you obsessed with solving challenging problems? Do you think outside of the box and challenge the status quo? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve your skills and your organization? Can you make complex problems work in simple-to-use tools? Are you interested in joining a fast-paced, innovating team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon? If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for a talented, smart, and driven Principal Program Manager. If you have strong project management, the ability to work across many functions and coordinate resources from a great number of stakeholders, you’ll feel right at home in this role. Furthermore, you will partner and work across multiple teams. The Team:
Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a team-orientated environment that’s more startup than big company. We especially need folks willing to roll up their sleeves and do everything it takes to accomplish our vision while staying customer focused. All members of the team are expected to have excellent communication skills in order to support frequent communication with senior Amazon Go leaders. Responsibilities:
· Develop and execute a store operation and program
· Coordinate across teams across Amazon Go (product management, tech, category management, store operations, L&D, etc.)
· Track and manage multiple timelines, and develop a communication plan for all key stakeholders regarding program details, status updates, key risks, mitigation plans and process/plan changes.
· Develop progress and success metrics for safety, quality, efficiency, associate experience and customer experience (people, process, product and site readiness).
· Displaying judgment to rapidly deploy existing or variations of existing technology to meet aggressive timelines
· Developing and then leveraging strong vendor relationships to realize cost savings